Sunday, April 6, 2008

Wicked Lame



By this point, I suppose it should come as no surprise when adamant horror fans become moderately professional filmmakers only to produce unabashed crap.

Bubbling up late last week, the key art for the feature screenwriting debut of Going to Pieces author Adam Rockoff failed to accomplish much of anything except reinforcing my assumption that Wicked Lake will be every bit as negligible as it sounds. I’d like to maintain hope that whatever Rockoff has rocked off in this flick will benefit from his knowledge of the genre and therefore not be an insult to it, but the film’s promo material does little to shake the I Spit on Your Craft vibe I’ve been getting. It makes the film look like something scripted by Kevin Williamson, not the guy who literally wrote the book on slasher movies.

0 comments :