Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Love is Strange

How do you call your loverboy?

Right now I call mine The Strangers, the object of my first full-on movie crush in what seems like years. It had me at “hello,” which in this case was a green band signifying approval for all ages, followed by a simple pick-up line and 90 seconds of spooky flirtations. I think we’re going to go all the way.

In the meantime, though, I just lovingly stare at its picture – the most awesome theatrical poster I’ve seen since the 28 Weeks Later teaser.



As if the Alice, Sweet Alice/Dolls-ish vibe weren’t old-school enough, dig the fold crease marks that make it look like it’s been sitting in a drawer in the basement of some downtown dive since 1981.

When the film hits DVD it will probably be masked in the airbrush jowls of Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman, and by then the honeymoon may be over, anyway, but as of this moment, I remain so recklessly infatuated that I can’t help but carve our initials in the interrnet.

1 comments :

  1. Monica said...

    I'm with you on this one. From the stills I've seen, always with a masked figure in the backgound. I can hardly wait.